Monday, March 1, 2010

Burnt to a Crisp!

*POOF*
Another near-death experience

Oh wow... Today was one of the more interesting days I've had in a while. It all ended with my most recent "near-death" experience... My mom told me to go "fire up the grill" so we could cook the hot dogs for dinner right? Okay! So I got outside to turn the grill on and turn all three knobs to the "lighting" position. I press the ignition buttion and nothing happens. So I walk back inside (mind you that the grill is still on...) to get a lighter that my dad's using to light the fire in the wood stove. I grab it and run outside to go light the grill (which is still on...) I lift the grill plate so I can get a better angle. I fire up the lighter and stick it in the grill...
POOF!
I'M COMPLETELY COVERED IN FLAMES!
 
I scared the mess out of myself! The flames covered my head and my arms! I jumped back while screaming because I thought I was on fire right? Oh boy! I run back inside and start freaking out! I can smell the burnt hair from my arms and head (parts of my eyebrows and some of the few eyelashes I have...). I finally calm down after my dad goes out to finish the grill (turning each knob one at a time...).

Near death experiences are not fun... especially when you lose some hair over it. :(

(By the way! Burnt hair is the worst smell in HISTORY!!! Not even baby/horse/dog poo smells worse.... and that says something...)

2 comments:

  1. you will now have a complete and utter fear of fire. Ok Ok that is just me.
    I don't know why but I am deathy afraid of fire..
    Here is my funny grill lighting story.

    I am so afraid of fire that I want to be as far away from the grill as I can be when lighting it, and until a couple of years ago would only use charcoal, No gas for this chick... it might explode.

    I decided to cook some chicken on the grill and I stacked up the coals on a piece of paper towel like I was taught and squirted on the lighter fluid.. only to realize that if I stood 5 foot away and threw the match at the grill it would only go out before it got there.

    Me in all of my blond wisdom decided to get a piece of newspaper and wrap it really tight and really long and light the end of that to touch the grill. Great idea! It worked like a charm!!!

    Except after lighting the grill I realize I had a flaming torch of newspaper in my hand that was burning down quickly.. SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE.. umm this isn't working.. SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE... oh crap... SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE!!!!!! arrrrggggghhhhhh fling the burning torch to the side.. which ends up in a bush igniting the darn bush.. so now I have a burning bush in my yard!!!! I do the only think I know how to do.. running screaming in the house. My neighbor came out and saw the burning bush and calmly went and got the water hose and put it out... all the while laughing at me.

    Fire is a bad bad thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That story made me laugh out loud :) I'm sorry about the bush, but it does remind me of a Bible story! Thank you for the laugh :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Please don't be rude or crass. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all!

About Me

My photo
I live in a small little place called Mathews with my mom, dad, three obnoxious brothers, two cats, and two dogs.