Friday, February 26, 2010

Life

Life in General
is what keeps me happy.
I was told by someone just this week something that opened my eyes. It was a now-ex boyfriend who didn't really know much about the dating world. Well, when I go to tell him that it's just not working out between us, he looks puzzled and says, "But I'm the only thing in this world that keeps you happy. Why would you want to push me away?" 
Well the first half of this really shook me. Did he really think that he's the only thing that keeps me happy in this world? If he genuinely thought that, I definitely put myself across him wrong!
Well I turned to him with a confused expression on and say, "You aren't the only thing in this world that makes me happy." It was definitely a first-time experience for me having to tell someone that they weren't the world, the moon, and the stars to me that they so desperately thought themselves as.

2 comments:

  1. Heavens to Betsy! Good for you!!!! I just happened on your blog while looking for any other Mathews County bloggers out in the blogesphere and all I can say is WOW. But good for you for realizing that it does not take a person to make you happy and certainly not a boy who you weren't happy with in general. Look forward to reading more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You should read my latest! It's quite funny!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Please don't be rude or crass. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all!

About Me

My photo
I live in a small little place called Mathews with my mom, dad, three obnoxious brothers, two cats, and two dogs.